Friday 28 June 2013

Rock With You

“I wanna rock with you…all night…we’re gonna rock the night away.” – Michael Jackson

And that my friends is exactly what I had planned for the MJ night that was hosted by Hard Rock Café Mumbai last night. That, and a juicy burger, because currently Hard Rock is promoting its Legendary Burger Festival. Sounds good doesn't it? Alas, the night didn't pan out exactly as I had planned and I'll come to that very soon. But first, just a little bit about this popular establishment.


Hard Rock Café is a great after-work hang out and of course, a rock haven for music lovers that get to spend time with their favourite singers and take in the exciting memorabilia that surrounds them. Spacious interiors with a long bar and a stage that sits a floor above featuring bands from around the world for all to enjoy.

The menu is quite widespread consisting of American and Tex-Mex favourites like burgers, sandwiches, potato skins, chicken wings, nachos, quesadillas…the works. It also has an ‘Aamchi Mumbai’ section with a variety of curries to choose from.


Back to my eventful evening; I decided to pay HRC a visit for a little after work soiree with my besties. I booked in advance since there was a live band that was going to play Michael Jackson favourites and being a MJ fan myself, I was all in and ready to moonwalk the night away. 8pm on the dot and we were there. The band was supposed to start by 9pm but didn't come on until nearly 10pm which was tiring and when they did come on, all I can say is kudos to them for really trying hard. Half an hour of very loud music and a lot of shouting and we were out the door.


As far as the food is concerned, it was a very average meal. Infact, I was surprised at how sad my Legendary Chicken Burger turned out to be, especially considering it was burger festival time. What I was served, was a well portioned meal that consisted of a spicy chicken patty sandwiched between sweet burger buns, garnished with a couple of soggy tomatoes, cheese and yea, that’s it. No salad, no onion, no pickles nothing! And yes, they did serve fries with that but they were cold and not very fresh. The second dish of the evening was Grilled Prawns; a small sized tasteless dish with a bunch of small prawns lying on a bed of lettuce. Sauceless and flavourless. The only dish that passed and saved the evening was the serve of Nachos that we started with. Crunchy corn chips topped with warm melted cheddar, tomatoes, spring onions and jalapenos, served with tasty tangy tomato salsa.


Unfortunately, the service for the evening was a little slack as well. Our waiter forgot to bring us our second order of iced tea and infact, on forgetting that we had ordered something asked us to vacate our table because there was a waiting list. This just added to our disappointment, so we took the opportunity to pay the bill and got outta there.

To end, all I wanna say is that they didn't really care about us! ;)


That said, I do believe in second chances and I will go back to try them out again. So, singing and dancing staff at Hard Rock, I'm still waiting for you to rock my world!

Address:
Hard Rock Café Mumbai
Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound,
Pandurang Budhkar Marg,
Worli,
Mumbai- 400018.

Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment